1. Dimebag Darrell, lead guitar- Bringin' the shred. Dimebag will melt everybody's face off, just like he did when he was alive. His inclusion makes "Walk" a must on the setlist.
2. Joe Strummer, singer- The Clash kick so much ass. Now we can include reggae songs and Joe can show he wasn't just a punk singer. Although I would love to hear this band play "Train in Vain," cause that song is amazing.
3. Joey/Johnny/Dee Dee Ramone, singer/guitar/bass- Wow. Three of the original Ramones. That saddens me greatly. Joey stands in the front, all tall and lanky-like, Johnny to his right chugging away at guitar, and Dee to his left, keeping the tempo and keeping the songs flying with his "1,2,3,4!" Not to mention Dee Dee can bust out his Dee Dee King rapping.
4. Jam Master Jay, DJ- Jay also played drums, keyboards and bass. I read that the Run BMC look was based on his personal style of clothes. In other words, Jam Master Jay was the man. I wanna see everyone rockin laceless Adidas, The Ramones included.
5. Bob Marley, singer- Imagine the duets him and Joe Strummer would have. Bob can write the songs too, political ones no doubt. "One Love" with Marley, Joe strummer, and Joey Ramone singing, Dimebag soloing and Johnny Ramone powerchording, all with JMJ scratching in the background and started off, of course, with Dee Dee's count off? It sounds crazy, and yet so beautiful.
6. Jim Morrison, singer- Every group needs a heartthrob lead singer. Imagine "Light My Fire" with this group? The fuckin 7 minute version, none of that 3 minute radio-edit crap. You gotta love that deep, baritone voice. I want this Jim wearing his leather pants and no shirt look.
7. Jimi Hendrix, lead guitar- Oh you know we have 2 lead guitarists. Dimebag and Hendrix guitar duels? Yes please! Imagine the jams. Everytime I hear his version of the "Star Spangled Banner," it gives me goosebumps.
8. Ronnie Van Zant, singer- Ronnie needs to be included, of only for the possibility of hearing "Freebird," cause you know those assholes that always yell for it no matter what concert you're at have to die someday too. Imagine the triple guitar in "Freebird," but with Hendrix, Dimebag, and Johnny Ramone. So awesome.
9. Sid Vicious, bass- Sid Vicious was punk rock. So what if he couldn't play the bass much? And he gets to sing that Sinatra song, "My Way," cause you know that is fuckin rad at the end of "The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle."
10. Dennis Wilson, drums- Beach Boys, man. Plus we need him so that he can help arrange the vocal harmonies with Morrison, Strummer, Joey, Ronnie, and Marley. And he sang "Do You Wanna Dance?", and that song is awesome. A multi-instrumentalist, not just a drummer. A badass too, not just a multi-instrumentalist. When (former friend) Charles Manson showed him a bullet and said,"It’s a bullet. Every time you look at it, I want you to think how nice it is your kids are still safe," Dennis kicked his ass. BADASS.
I'm sure people are missing, but this is my ideal post-mortem band. I can't even imagine what the setlist would be, but it would kick ass without a doubt. Heaven, Hell, or wherever, we know these guys are in a good place, no doubt jamming with each other. Just the thought of it makes me smile like a Cheshire cat.